If creating internal navigation within a sub-section of the page, headline block should always be used.
It is now possible to create hierarchies with Long product pages. This means that the editor could use product pages as navigation. The editor should still avoid creating hierachies of more than three levels.
General design checklist
- You should always start with creating a wireframe of the page to be sure that it works as a whole.
- The template gives more freedom than other templates, but remember that the Visma Design Guide still applies to pictures, illustrations, color and fonts.
- Include a lot of air on the page through use of margins and graphics.
- Use short, inviting and to-the-point headings and text. Long texts don’t work well with columns and the air necessary to get this template to work.
- The graphics need to convey the message. The page will not communicate well with bland graphics. This goes for all web content, but the long product page this is even more critical.
- Be careful when using background pictures, that it is following design guideline and makes the text easy to read.
- It is possible to use tabs, but try to avoid it.
The long page consist of several different section you could put together in any order. Here are some guidelines for each type of section.
Background image for all elements is 1200 px in width.
Example of wireframe made in Balsamiq
Could be used for any type of content, both text and graphics. If you have need for a banner at the top, use the Content background image. Avoid staggering several One column-elements at the top of each other, unless there is a reason for it.
Use it to easily create two columns of content.