As Deputy CEO, Merete shares leadership responsibilities of the Visma Group with CEO Øystein Moan.
Merete Hverven joined Visma in 2011 and has been central to the positive development and strong growth Visma has experienced over the last decade. She entered the role as Chief HR Officer in 2013. During her time in Visma, Merete has focused on strengthening Visma’s position through recruitment and by working closely with mergers, acquisitions and restructurings, leading up to her appointment as Deputy CEO in 2018.
Merete is focused on organisational development throughout the Visma Group. Through her efforts, she has succeeded in building a successful organisation with a strong customer focus by unifying a corporate culture with a “go to market” strategy.
She is a passionate advocate for diversity and equality in the workplace and has initiated several programs aimed at increasing diversity across the organisation. Merete was voted one of the top three influential women in technology by ODA Award Woman in 2019.
With her direct leadership style, ability to execute and passion for diversity, Merete is described as a driven, talented and dedicated leader by her colleagues. Her work and dedication have earned her a reputation as an important role model both in and outside Visma.
Before joining Visma, Merete held several leading positions at Ernst & Young (now EY). She has a Master’s Degree in Finance and International Leadership from the University of St. Gallen and NHH.
- Born in 1977 in Houston, Texas
- Master in Economics and Business Administration, NHH Norway (1996-2000), Major in Finance
- CEMS Master in Management, Universitat St. Gallen, Switzerland (2000-2001)
- Arthur Andersen; Financial Management Consultant (2001-2003)
- EY; HR Business Partner (2003-2011)
- Visma Services AS; HR Director (2011-2016)
- Visma AS; CHRO (2012-present)
- Visma AS; Deputy CEO (2018-present)