This gadget can be added via the “add gadgets” feature at the Dashboard.
The Custom Redirect Manager allows us to add 301 redirects from any Episerver connected domain to another URL, either internal or external.
- Go to Dashboard
- Choose Add Gadget from the cogwheel icon in the upper right corner.
- Install Custom Redirect Manager.
- Choose Layout and 1 Column from the cogwheel icon in the upper left corner.
To see existing redirects
Click “show redirects”. Afterwards, you can also use the search function to look for a specific redirect.
To add a new redirect
Fill in the old URL in absolute or relative format (use absolute format if you want more control, like only redirecting a page for a certain domain). Checking the “wildcard” checkbox will redirect the URL and anything “below” in the structure, so handle with care.
- Write the url you are redirecting from in the old url input field. Note: This url should not be an address in use. The url shouldn't be available on a published or unpublished page.
- Write the url you want to redirect to in new url.
- Use wildcard with care. Doing this too broadly could create problems.
From: /privacy to /privacy-statement (applies to all sites)
Always search for old redirects before creating new ones. Creating redirect chains is unfortunate for page speed, SEO and general user experience.
- Uppercase characters are converted to lowercase, so don’t bother making 2 or more different redirects to account for character cases.