– These are exciting times, with new and innovative solutions ready to revolutionize checkout points, as we know them, says Peter Fischer, Director Visma Retail.
Mobile retail solutions is a strategic priority area for Visma throughout the Nordic region. The Wallmob deal is the second acquisition in a short period, with Information Factory, a company developing interactive apps for retail, joining Visma in November 2013.
Future-orientated Point of Sale solutions
Visma is dedicated to provide mobile solutions that will benefit both retailers and their customers – an ambition shared by Wallmob.
Wallmob develops integrations for multichannel solutions and solutions for mobile Point of Sale where tablets replace stationary cash registers. Customers can make purchases directly from store clerks anywhere in the store, reducing queues and waiting. The solution is a replacement or an add-on to stores’ existing retail solutions and can be integrated with both e-commerce solutions and loyalty programs. The sales assistant can complete transactions anywhere in the store and the customer does not need to stand in line. Wallmob is based in Denmark with offices in Vejle and Copenhagen with customers in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Germany, such as Jack & Jones, Selected and L’Oréal.
Innovation in retail
Visma is the Nordic region’s market leader within retail IT solutions, and is dedicated to take the lead on mobile POS solutions. With lower cost, increased flexibility and better customer experience, in combination with the user friendliness and easy accessibility of the solution, it is a winning concept.
– Wallmob’s intuitive applications and user interfaces, coupled with Visma’s expertise within retail, is a sound platform for further development of mobile retail solutions, says Fischer.
– We are proud to have Visma as our new majority owner. They join us in an exciting time for the retail industry, where innovation and new thinking is crucial. Visma provides us with the resources we need in order to become market leader in Northern Europe. We look forward to working together, says Ken Villum Klausen.
For more information, please contact
- Peter Fischer, Director Visma Retail, +46 70 350 61 16, email@example.com
- Ken Villum Klausen, CEO Wallmob, +45 40 64 10 00, firstname.lastname@example.org